1, Why no files in storage after recording?
After you record, and all the recording status is right, you found there is no any files in USB storage. Please mind, format your USB storage before you record, and MUST SAFETY REMOVE USB STORAGE from your computer, especially for un-split recording mode and NTFS format USB storage.
2, How to reset the number of recorded file name?
After long time using ezcap28X Game Capture, you will see the number of recording file become too big, for example Encode_1080P_234, and you want it be start from Encode_1080P_0.
To do it you just keep press record button (before power on), then plug the power jack to power on the device, after 3 seconds, the file number will start from 0.
3, How to set real time clock?
After you record video, sometimes you find the time stamp of the files is wrong local time. And some products have no Real Time Clock inside, the recorded files will have a same time. So, how to set the right time?
We can update real time into system, then get real time stamp via system's clock.
For ezcap28X series: Create a new TXT file named "rtc_setup.txt", open file and write your local real time for year, month, date and time detail as below. Save the file, and copy file in your USB disk.
- It means year 2014, month Dec, date 31st, hour 23 o'clock, minute 45, second 59.
Unconnect power with device, and plug the USB disk into USB port of device, then connect power with device. The LED should flash afte few seconds, then become green, it means you finish the updating already.
Notice: If the recorded files have the same time stamp, it means has no RTC inside. Don't unconnect power with device again! If that, you should lose realtime information. And need to do above work again.
For ezcap27X series: Create a new TXT file named "rtc_setup.txt", open file and write your local real time for year, month, date and time detail as below. Save the file, and copy file in your Micro SD card.
- It means year 2014, month Dec, date 31st, hour 23 o'clock, minute 45.
Unconnect power with device, and insert Micro SD card, then connect power with device. The LED should flash afte few seconds, it means you finish the updating already.
4, Why HDMI Pass-Through or Recorded video file has no sound?
HDMI pass-through or recorded video file has no sound because device doesn't support DTS, Dolby or other audio format. Please select HDMI PCM 2ch 44.1, or PCM 2ch 48, or AAC audio output selections, then can solve the no sound problem. If system has selected above audio already - like DTS, Dolby, please cancel them.
5, How to choose and set storage devices?
Please choose branded pendrives, USB HDDs and SD cards. We advise you press stop recording to save one file about per 1.5 or 2 hours to pretect your recording files even you set no-split recording.
A, USB 2.0 pendrive and USB 2.0 HDD
- For FAT32 format, it only can record less than 2G per file.
- Please re-format firstly, and safety remove from your computer, expecially NTFS format devices.
- It doesn't support exFAT format.
B, USB 3.0 pendrive and USB 3.0 HDD.
- Except avove informations, we find there are many bad quality and low speed devices in market, and we suggest Kinston's pendrives and Seagate and Maxtor's HDDs.
C, SD Card.
- Please buy branded SD card with 10 class or above.
D, USB HDD patition.
- We suggest you don't patition your USB HDD for recording video with our device. If you want to patition it, please use MBR mode. Our devices don't support USB HDD with GPT mode patition.